In 2016, by the decision of the RA government, the Viticulture and Winemaking Foundation of Armenia was established with the aim of effective and systematic development of the sector, as well as the introduction of new state policy strategies and development programs.
Since 2016, the foundation has been developing and promoting the cluster of Armenian enotourism in Armenia and beyond the borders of Armenia, carrying out various events during which it presents Armenian tourist destinations to wine connoisseurs and wine lovers interested in Armenian winemaking.
The traditions of Armenian winemaking preserved for more than six thousand years, the rich culture and historical heritage of Armenia today are combined with the wonderful opportunities of viticulture and winemaking development, climatic conditions, rich variety of grape varieties, modern technologies and scientific potential, strengthening the basis for the sustainable development of the sector.
The main goal of the fund is to increase the volume of consumption and export of Armenian wines, the global recognition of the brand “Wine of Armenia”.
The objectives of the Foundation are:
- Creation of a national system of geographical indicators,
- Development of the cadastral system of grape seedlings
- Study of Armenian grape genetic resources
- Preservation of indigenous varieties, creation of own collection
- Providing support and advice to large and small producers,
- Training and retraining of wine technologists and winemakers
- Promotion of Armenian wines, export support
- Creation of a unified electronic information system containing up-to-date information on grape varieties and orchards, wine production, in order to control the quality of wine products and avoid possible counterfeiting.
Founder: RA Ministry of Economy
Executive director: Zaruhi Muradyan
Tel. 060 65 58 95
Email: [email protected]
Address: Yerevan, Mher Mkrtchyan 5, RA Ministry of Economy